Pass/Fail grade-conversion forms due by 5 p.m. May 29

Students wanting Satisfactory/Unsatisfactory grades must file form with the registar

Lincoln University campus via the Blue Tiger News drone. (Photo by Clarion staff)

By Will Sites/Clarion Advisor

LINCOLN UNIVERSITY – Students worried about spring semester grades affecting GPA can undo the negative damage by filing a Satisfactory/Unsatisfactory form with the registrar. The deadline to file is 5 p.m. May 29, 2020.

(Click here for the form)

Because of the sudden mid-semester switch to online coursework, LU will allow undergraduate and graduate students the choice to receive a pass/fail designation on a course-by-course basis. For example, if a student received a “C” in a class, he/she can choose to have the grade converted to an “S” (satisfactory/passing) or “U” (unsatisfactory/failing). The reason is that an S/U does not affect GPA. A form must be filled out for each grade seeking the change to S/U.

Students need to consult professors and/or advisors for more information. There are exceptions and rules to the S/U policy.

The requests must be sent by the 5 p.m. May 29, 2020 deadline to and must include student name, student ID number, course number (ex: JOU 325-01), and grade to be converted.

Read the FAQ below:

About The Clarion News

Campus and community news produced by journalism students at Lincoln University in Jefferson City, Mo.
This entry was posted in Campus and tagged , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s