LINCOLN UNIVERSITY – A dryer fire in the basement of Founders Hall led to an hour-long evacuation Monday morning. Anthropology professor Dr. Christine Boston was in her office when she smelled smoke.
“It didn’t take long to get worse,” she said while waiting outside between Founders and MLK Hall for JCFD firefighters to extinguish the fire. Smoke could be seen rolling from the loading dock doors and nearby vents. Firefighters arrived shortly before 1l a.m., entering the smoky building wearing oxygen masks and tanks.
By 11:30 a.m., the building was cleared. No injuries were reported.